Wednesday 16 March 2016

Visual Language - Studio Brief 1 - Set, Series, Sequence - Luis Cook



Luis Cook

Luis Cook has worked as a designer, Illustrator, painter, photographer, teacher, art director and director. His career resonates in his sketchbook, with the various textures and visuals that he has learnt throughout his busy career.


I like how he captures a sense of chaos through his images by collaging his drawings together in a jumbled up way. He seems to explore tones and expressions creatively and there always seems to be an aim running through his pages and development.


 These pages are probably my favourite because of the various textures he creates. I specifically like the thumb prints because it breaks up the chaos in his pages and add a personal touch. It could be said that these chaotic pages capture his everyday chaotic life style.


I feel like Cook is a great examples of someone that experiences with mark, tone, textures and colour through various mediums and techniques. His pages here contain a range of lines and images.


From looking at these pages from Luis's sketchbook, I have taken inspiration. I would use the similar collage techniques to develop ideas and create visuals in order to develop my drawing skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment