Wednesday 16 March 2016

Visual Language - Environmental Story Telling - Corn Exchange

Here are my developed images from my thumbnails of the Corn Exchange.




I decided to include the sketch that I had done on the day I visited the corn exchange as I feel that it is a strong piece and I successfully managed to capture the ....


I focused on creating an image from one of my sketches of table and chairs. Because I wanted this scene to clearly be in he Corn Exchange, I included a rounded perspective. Personally, the Corn Exchange is probably one of the most difficult places to draw because of how circular the interior is. 


Here I wanted to created an abstract and dark version of one of my thumbnails. I used dark oil pastels to created the block coloured effect .I feel as though the perspective is okay on this shot. If I was to animate onto this background, I would have the shot follow characters around the balcony to capture the full scene.


I used light oil pastels for this scene. I decided to blur out certain areas like the lights and stairs to create more focus on the doorway. I prefer my backgrounds to be quite messy and rough so I kept this in mind when creating this scene. I feel as though the perspective wasn't right on this one either. From these drawings I have found out that drawing perspective on a curve is difficult. 



I decided to create a linear background. I used Pro-Marker pens to create the block colours, and layered over the top with fine liner to add rough details. I exaggerated the ground to be more curved as an attempt to exaggerate the perspective. However, without proper shading this failed. I decided to keep the composition fairly linear as well to create a new perspective to my group of backgrounds. This shot could be used from a characters point of view, moving through the interior and through the door.


Overall, I feel like I have created a range of angles from this environment, and also developed my understanding of perspective and colour. I personally enjoy the idea of having an abstract background for characters to move through in order to create more focus on the characters and what is happening within the scenery.

No comments:

Post a Comment