Thursday 17 March 2016

Form flow and force - Push it



I used oil pastels to capture the tension of the person pulling on a fridge door, with their leg propped against it for support. When sketching, I focused on the tension built up in the arms by defining the muscles. 

The beanbag was used as a way to capture a pulling tension from above. By focusing on the object as well as the person, a sense of tension can be identified.

Here, I emphasised the tension from someone pulling their shoe off by utilising negative space. I created scratchy horizontal lines around the figure to symbolise a sense of tension.



I decided to focus on the line of action ore on this one. I created swift movements with a pen to emphasis where the flow of action was. I added tension by exaggerating the calf muscle area as well as the biceps. 


Overall, I found this exercise helpful in creating a sense of tension and movement and will use this exercise when trying to capture movement in animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment