Wednesday 16 March 2016

Form, Flow and Force - Strike a Pose

Here, I compiled all four of my 20 minute life drawings.




I decided to use Pro-Marker for this drawing because it is a quick and easy way to add vibrant colours. The bean bags were a bright blue, so I used 3 different shades of blue to crate dimension and smooth texture. The perspective in this drawing seems to be okay, however I could have added negative space around the figure to create a greater sense of perspective.


I enjoy using bright colours when creating life drawing sketches. However, they can sometimes start to look more illustrative, like this one. More detail could have bee added to the hands and feet.



I feel as though this one would have looked better if I had focused more on the perspective that I was looking at. The hands and feet are too small and the legs seem flat. I should have utilised the lines on the pants in order to create shape.


Here, I used pencil to create a detailed life drawing sketch. I could have added further shading around the legs and thigh area as it looks flat and out of place compared to the rest of the image. I attempted to incorperate negative space around the feet and chair because that was where the main shadow was. Because the light was coming from above, and the walls and surroundings were mostly white, it was hard to create negative space around the top half of he character.

Overall, I found this exercise useful. I will continue to create life drawings in the future to build on my perspective and attention to detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment