Wednesday 16 March 2016

Form Flow and force - Rhythm is a dancer

My task here was to explore the motion of someone moving through a space. 



In these images I attempted to capture motion. I found it difficult to keep up with the fast pace at first, but I soon got used to it. I used ink and a brush because this combination flowed onto the paper well and help capture the flowing and slow movement.


Here are 3 sets of motion compiled together onto one page. I feel as though this sheet is the most successful as it demonstrates a range of motion in different mediums. In the top right corner. I enlarged the first posed to emphasise the initial size and cause a contrast between each pose as it gradually gets smaller.

This was a trial piece where I used the opposite end of a paintbrush and yellow ink. I found this to be difficult as I repeatedly had to dip the end off the brush into the ink which hindered the process of capturing the movement.



Here I used charcoal. I like how it gives off a caveman painting aesthetic and an uneven and rough texture. 


From this exercise, I have learnt that the best medium for me, when capturing action, it either pen or ink. Pen gives clean and clear lines for later reference and ink helps focus on line of action.

No comments:

Post a Comment