Wednesday 16 March 2016

Study Task 2 - Environmental Storytelling - Church development


Because I want to produce 5 final drawings in different style in order to tailor towards different styles and concepts, I decided to experiment with colour, placement and composition of my Church environment.


I feel as though this shot is one of my most successful thumbnails because I feel as though I managed to capture some sort of perspective. I decided to use coloured felt tips in order to add vibrancy and shading and also because I haven't drawn any of this scene in colour yet. Even though the scenery at the time was dull and consisted of neutral colours, I decided to use vibrant colours to create a more interesting image. I feel as though the composition of this image fits well because I took into account the rule of thirds.


This is he second developed thumbnail I created of one of my sketches. I kept the horizon line towards the bottom to fit in with the rule of thirds. I decided to create this thumb nail in grey scale because I wanted to create an eerie atmosphere, typical of scenes set in a graveyard. I took inspiration from Francis Towne's, and how he layered thin, ink lines on top of water colour to add definition and create scenes. I think that my perspective could be improved in this image because my aim was to incorporate the foreground into the image, of all the gravestones in the distance. I feel as though this aspect could of used more defining in order to capture the perspective. I attempted to emphasise the atmosphere further by adding a grey, swirling could in the sky. With further developing, the cloud could be utilised to add perspective. I enjoy how this one turned out, mostly because I typically use bright colours to create clashing and noisy scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment