Wednesday 16 March 2016

Form, Flow and Force- Like a puppet on a string


These images were based on a person moving through a space. They are movement cycles, layered over each other in order to develop my drawing skills, where the person squashes and stretches.


Here, I focused on creating a sense of movement by capturing the model shifting from a crouched and balled up position, into a tall and structured position. Alternating between colours enables me to look on each pose and clearly see where the lines lead.


I decided to bulk out the figure in order to capture weight, however, it gave the figure a more comical look and lead me not to focus on the line of action that happens in the body during motion.


I focused on the main structure of the person here. I decided to focus mainly on the line of action that was being demonstrated through the persons body.


Because I didn't take into account the size of the page, and the size of my drawing, the images ended up being squashed and muddled together.


Here I spread out my images in order to create a clear motion between each pose. I decided to use stick men to help me focus on the broken down lines within the figure. However, this cause the lines to become straight and lacked in movement.


Overall, this exercise was useful in creating an idea of what frames and poses would go into a movement. I will refer back to this exercise when creating movement in animation in the future.



No comments:

Post a Comment