Wednesday 9 May 2018

Extended - Experiments with textures and backgrounds

As a group we got together and had a little workshop where we created textures and concept art for our project.






The concept was that these patterns and textures would be used as wallpaper within in the houses, as well as objects within the characters rooms. We wanted the backgrounds to be simplistic but include a lot of colour and furniture.


Here I made a concept of what one of the characters bedrooms could look like. Using photoshop, I could mask textures onto the background to create depth and a layered effect.


Here are some plants that could be scattered around the house.


Here was a concept piece for Zorinas room. Because the character is into star signs and dream catchers, I decided to keep the colour scheme similar to that vibe. I also like the simplistic design and how the fine liner defines the shapes.


Here I created a watercolour concept for the film scene that we created. I decided to use muted and watered down hues.

I then created a quick digital version, but I prefer the original because it fits with the characters better.


Here, I created a quick concept art for the exterior of the house. I used reference pictures that Meg had taken as inspiration.

Wallpaper Samples

I found some wallpaper samples that I thought would be perfect to incorporate into the backgrounds for the animation.



This was an accident, but I think it will come in handy when animating static later on.







I think this one would be perfect for Zorinas room, as her colour scheme is full of yellow tones.

Overall, our next step with backgrounds is to continue and create more coherent and refined backgrounds that link with the aesthetic of the animation. 





No comments:

Post a Comment